Two times a year, I host the Speak It Forward Boot Camp. From this Boot Camp, I offer a 12-month coaching and mastermind program for those people who are serious about launching their speaking career and want step-by-step guidance in making it happen.
This past week, I started this program anew with my most recent group of participants. Part of the focus of our first session was on the key to success that I personally see as one of my greatest advantages as a speaker and entrepreneur: STICK-TO-IT-TIVENESS. As I often say, I’m not that smart or talented, but I do stick! In fact, 90 percent of my success is simply due to the fact that I outlast my competition. When I want something, I keep at it while the vast majority of my competition gives up.
After our first session, Tony DiLorenzo shared a few thoughts with our group about persistence and stick-to-it-tiveness. They are so good, I wanted to share them with you.
Last night Kent mentioned the speakers who succeed are those that continue moving forward and don’t get discouraged. Here is some food for thought.
- 48% of sales people never follow up with a prospect
- 25% of sales people make a second contact and stop
- 12% of sales people only make three contacts and stop
- ONLY 10% of sales people make more than three contacts
- 2% of sales are made on the first contact
- 3% of sales are made on the second contact
- 5% of sales are made on the third contact
- 10% of sales are made on the fourth contact
- 80% of sales are made on the fifth to twelfth contact
Know that it takes time and patience to get any worthwhile endeavor off the ground. Your follow up will be imperative to your success.
via Wanda Allen of Follow Up Savvy
Questions: Has persistence and stick-to-it-tiveness been a key to success in your life and career? What other keys to success have been important to you?