I wish you could sit with me sipping coffee in my living room on an early December morning as I work through the goal setting process. Words cannot express the enthusiasm I feel at that particular moment!
I also wish you could sit with me in March…or July…or November…as I hit goal setting roadblock after goal setting roadblock.
You likely experience the same sort of ups and downs. When setting goals in December, your energy and excitement are unbelievable. Yet when March, July, or November rolls around, the goal setting roadblocks seem impassable.
The following video shares an idea that will revolutionize the way you set personal goals and career goals. Even more, it will revolutionize the way you go about achieving goals. It has for me, and I know it can do the same for you. And when I say revolutionize, I mean REVOLUTIONIZE!
A quick note about the video. At eight minutes, it’s a bit long but well worth the investment of your time. Additionally, within the first two minutes I share the end result so you’ll know where we’re going. It’s a concept called the Four Fence Posts of 100 Percent Responsibility. Understanding how these fence posts function will help you break through your goal setting roadblocks so that you can achieve your goals…both your life goals and your career goals.
One more thing. Be sure to watch the video all the way through because at the conclusion there is a special discount code you can use for significant savings on our Goal Getting e-book (one of Live It Forward’s most popular products).
Highlights from video:
- Normal people don’t make history because they embrace an E=O equation.
- Successful people make history and positively impact others because they add one letter to the equation…E+R=O.
- E+R=O creates Four Fence Posts of 100 Percent Responsibility.
- Live within the Four Fence Posts and opportunities will increase for you (i.e. your fence posts will expand).
- Live outside of the Four Fence Posts and opportunities will shrink for you (i.e. your fence posts will contract).
Don’t feel obligated to answer all the following questions, just answer the ones that really hit home with you. Together, let’s start a robust goal setting conversation that will empower us to live E+R=O and achieve both our life goals and our career goals this year.
- Of all your current life goals, which one is most significant to you?
- Of all your current career goals, which one is most significant to you?
- Do you ever fall into an E=O mindset? How do you break out?
- Which fence post do you struggle with most: attitudes, actions, associations, or articulations? How does this struggle create roadblocks to achieving your goals?
- What strategies help you take 100 precent responsibility for your responses to the events in your life?
- What are your best goal setting ideas?