I wasn’t planning on blogging during the next few weeks because I usually take a break during the Christmas holidays. However, last night our family started a new Christmas tradition that was so much fun, I had to share it with you.
The Julian family has established a lot of fun Christmas traditions over the years. For instance:
- We always put up Christmas decoration on Thanksgiving Day and take them down on New Year’s Day.
- Some night before Christmas we pile into the car, stop by Starbucks or Dunken Donuts for treats, and drive around looking at Christmas lights and decorations.
- For breakfast on Christmas Eve we eat at J. Christopher’s with extended family.
- We always attend a Christmas Eve service.
- We open up one gift every Christmas Eve. Surprise, surprise…year after year the gift is always a new pair of PJs.
- We always get a picture of everyone in our new PJs.
- We go through our stockings first thing Christmas morning.
- We eat Happy Birthday Jesus Cake for breakfast every Christmas morning.
- We read the Christmas Story from Luke 2.
- We open presents one at a time so everyone can see who received what from whom.
This year we added a new (and sort of naughty) Christmas Tradition. We CANED our neighbor’s yard!